Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Become a qualified Equine Horse Care professional. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter into a profession that provide great lifestyle benefits for horse lovers. Students will complete the following units:
|1||Equine Perception & Behaviour|
|4||Purchasing a Horse|
|7||Equine Pasture Management|
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a horse care professional
- Learn the inside secrets of how tobecome a horse care pro in months not years!
- Study a equestrian / horse carecourse that was designed inconjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time andmoney travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and whereveryou are
- Have access to a tutor who works in theindustry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as lowas $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Are you a horse lover?
Turn your love and dedication for horses into a successful professional undertaking by enrolling in our Equine Horse Care course now!
Graduates usually take this course to learn how to take care of their own horse for pleasure. Our graduates have also found employment in the following areas:
- Stablehand / Foreperson (Racing, Pacing, Horse Studs, Equestrian (Dressage, Eventing, Showjumping and recreation)
- Rider – Equestrian industry
- Coach – Equestrian industry
- Horse Educator
- Vetinary Assistant
- Equine Businesses and Outlets
- Horse Groomer
- Pet Shop staff member or owner
- Trainer / Instructor
- Trail Ride and Pony Party Organizer
Course Levels Explained
This course leads to the awarding of a Executive Diploma. This qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is 31 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very “hands on” approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the “theory” behind the industry – they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business’s have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Department of Defence
- State of Queensland
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation
- Revenue SA (State of South Australia)
- Metcash Trading Ltd Australia (IGA)
- Navman Technologies
- Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Employment Directions Network / Department of Education & Training
- Queensland Compensation
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Darwin International Airport
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Aviva Australia Holdings,
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Federal Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Mission Australia
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo Australia (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coca-Cola Amitil
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a horse professional
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipEqHC
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).
Cut Off Date
is the next enrolment cut off date. Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
Your enrolment is processed and acknowledged within 24 hours of the Institute receiving your application. You can expect to receive your course within days of enrolling. When you start your ICI course its at your own pace and you determine when you finish. Don’t miss out. Enrol today!
Course Investment & Payment Plans
How do I get started?
Click on one of the Enrol Now buttons below and you could be working on your first lesson – and towards a new career – in a matter of days!
|OPTION A||OPTION B|
|Course Level||Course Fee||Pay Upfront
|Weekly Instalment Plan
|EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA||$2088||10% Off = $1880 ENROL NOW||$49 x 42 weeks ENROL NOW|
Take the first step towards pursuing your dream of becoming a horse care professional NOW.
Simply click on one of the Enrol Now buttons that corresponds with the course level and payment plan you wish to select (see above table).